Mushroom Safari 22.07. - 26.07.2018 with cooking course
• Mushroom identification with documentation
• Recipe collection from the Gürtl kitchen
• Also this year: Head chef Andy Marrer cooks with you his most popular mushroom dish
• Mushroom safari on Hauser Kaibling and Gumpental
• Mushroom path Hochwurzen
• The Dachstein glacier with Skywalk and ice palace suspension bridge and "staircase to nowhere"
5 days / 4 nights
We will identify the different types of mushroom together, and receive a recipe collection to take home with you.
€ 308 per person and stay double room classic
€ 320 per person and stay double room comfort
€ 338 per person and stay suite / family room
€ 360 per person and stay family suite
Excl. local tax (€ 1,50) per person per day
- Day 1: Arrival and getting to know the hotel, presentation of the hiking program
- Day 2: Mushroom Path in Rohrmoos/SchladmingWe explore the mushroom trail in Rohrmoos / Schladming.Wir ride the cable car for free with the summer card on the Hochwurzen. We enjoy the breathtaking views of the Dachstein and the surrounding mountains. At the small panoramic circular route to the Hochwurzen we can look for the first prey. After a short stop in the Hochwurzen hut, the brave ones can dash down the Hochwurzen with the Mountain Go Cart.
Beginning at the valley station of the Hochwurzen gondola lift, the Mushroom Path takes you on a meandering walk through the forest. Native mushrooms will be highlighted in "over-sized" displays. A great way to learn which mushrooms are edible and which are poisonous. The starting point for this hike is the car park at the base of the lift. The route takes you on a loop through the forest, including a "Mushroom Village". After dinner, each participant receives a guide to the most important mushroom-hunting locations in the region. A short introduction to the world of mushrooms will quickly have everyone dreaming about the delectable treasures that await.
- Day 3: Hauser Kaibling and Mushroom Safari
A visit to our famous local mountain (Hauser Kaibling) is an absolute must during any stay at the Gürtl. The valley lift station is barely 100 meters from the hotel, at which point you are just a 14 min. ride from the top of the 2,015 m mountain (free with the Sommercard). Once at the mountain station, we will walk to the Kaiblingalm. The 750 sheep on the Hauser Kaibling will give us a friendly greeting, and definitely whet our appetites for a "Shepherd's Snack" at the hut. Afterwards, we will ride the lift back down to the mid-station. In the not-too-steep terrain which surrounds the Sarleitner Ponds, we can safely begin collecting our first mushrooms.
Back at the hotel, we will clean the treasures we have found together, and prepare them for a delicious dinner. Head chef Andy Marrer will help you make a mouthwatering mushroom ravioli, and will introduce you to the art of using a pasta-making machine.
- Day 4: Mushrooms Safari in Gumpental
Step off the beaten tracks we explore the area in Gumpental. In not too steep terrain along the river we´ll find with luck mushrooms in the mossy forest floor. Afterwards, we strengthen ourselves in one of the alpine farms huts.
- Day 5: Breathtaking views from the Dachstein glacier
After a sumptuous breakfast, sadly it will already be time to say goodbye. Nonetheless, you still have time to pay a visit to the easternmost glacier of the Alps, the Dachstein glacier!
The ride up on the Dachstein Glacier Lift is a memorable experience in its own right: You will rise some 1,000 meters, floating up close to steep rocky cliffs. The new panorama gondola, with walls made of glass, also gives you an opportunity to enjoy the ride actually perched on the roof of the gondola itself.
The 2700 m-high Dachstein glacier, which has become an increasingly popular destination for visitors to the Alps in recent years, offers an array of highlights including the Dachstein Ice Palace and the Dachstein Sky Walk. And since 2013, guests have been greeted by a very special attraction: The highest suspension footbridge in Austria.
Breathtaking views, out across the mountains as well as below your feet, are guaranteed.
Night incl. half-board in rooms with shower / WC or bath / WC, balcony, room safe, satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, WiFi and a mini bar in the hotel
double room classic | double room comfort | family room | suite | family suite
Gürtl-holiday enjoyment - half-board:
Lavish breakfast with lots of variety and cereal bar, selection of 4-course dinner menus with salad buffet and cheese buffet (daily vegetarian menu)
Free use of the 350m² wellness amenities with:
New INDOOR POOL with 30° C warm water, hot tubs and endless pool
Finnish sauna, herbal sauna, stone steam bath, panorama relaxation room with panoramic view to Mount Dachstein and a plush bathrobe for adults for use during your stay
AND: Schladming-Dachstein Sommercard from 18.05. to 07.10.2018
free use of all swimming lakes, cable cars, toll roads
- Arrival day: Your room is available for check-in after 2 pm. If you happen to arrive earlier, you are still welcome to use our hotel amenities including the wellness area.
- Departure day: We request that you vacate your room by 10 am. On departure day, you can use the wellness area and all hotel amenities until 6 pm. You can leave your luggage in our luggage storage room. On request, we will be happy to make a room available to you in the afternoon for showering and changing.
Terms of payment
VISA, MasterCard, in cash, by bank transfer, EC
In case of cancellation, the AGBH (General Terms an Conditions of business for the Hotel Industry) apply to our establishment. That means in case of Cancellation:
You may cancel your booking without charge up to 3 month prior to your arrival.
From 3 month up to 1 month prior to your arrival, that cancellation fee is 40% of the cost of the booking.
From 1 month to 1 week prior to your arrival, the cancellation fee is 70 % of the cost of the booking.
When you cancel during the last week before you arrive we will invoice you 90 % of the cost of your booking, on early departure 100%.
To avoid unnecessary expenses in case of cancellation we recommend protecting yourself with the Hotel Cancellation Insurance.
We guarantee you the best price for our vacation offers on our website! You won’t find anything cheaper on any travel sites!